Notice: Undefined variable: keywords in /home/sites/crewelocalhistory.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/cdlha/header.php on line 17
The first Crewe Cricket Club was established in 1850 and by the 1880s was playing on a ground off the present Stewart Street, and area still of farms and fields. A membership card from 1889 shows us that the club President was Alderman Francis W Webb. By the 1930s the club had moved to the Alexandra Stadium in Earle Street where in the 1930s the local derby against Nantwich regularly attracted a crowd of 4,000. Chris will be telling us about this club (the LNWR Club) and others that developed, grew, disappeared and merged.